Wednesday, October 21, 2009

INTRODUCTION





www.ogoart.com


INTRODUCTION


I have decided to introduce you just to the beginning of some beginnings. The endings I will leave to you.


Since the beginning, Thursdays have always been the day . . . with edgeful angularity (to me anyway). Thursday is the fourth day of the week (by my count).


Let me give you a taste. A sampler. There must be . . . maybe another Thursday ahead. If that is the case, then possibly I can deliver a new beginning. If I’m lucky enough . . . but I don’t want you to get too full. Not good for shagging. Endings have their bright side. They make space for more beginnings. I’m interested in beginnings – they are less constricted and confined than endings.


Every beginning is a jealous carrier of its own ending. Isn’t the content of direction a beginning . . . Does not a story give a direction . . .


Words are what they are, but they are. Muscles tend to rupture after good use. Words like wingless birds tend to turn into a predictably stale and boring bunch of verbal hunches (any kind of rupture is an opposition to order). Opposition to order certainly contains (in some cases) a higher degree of order. The ossification of forms and words is inevitable. The only cure for this optimistic conclusion is “THE BEGINNING”.


So let me introduce you to the beginnings of some shortless short stories severely conceived on . . . you can already guess. Can’t you . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment